Thursday, September 4, 2014

Our Important Job as Students


Welcome to my blog! This is my first blogpost, and as a sophomore at Reading Memorial High school, I will be using this blog all year in History class. My blog will be used to publish and share my work, and to show what I have learned and how I have grown as a writer throughout the year.


On the first day of school we talked in class about what makes a good teacher, and i think that there are many qualities that separate a great teacher from a not so great teacher. It is important that the teacher not only does a good job teaching the content to the students, but that they make it interesting and fun for their students. Also it is important that a teacher helps to make each student’s learning experience as enjoyable as possible, offering to help if they are struggling, and being open to answer any questions that may be asked. Being kind, understanding, and easy to talk to are some qualities that all great teachers should have. Looking back at some of my favorite past teachers they possess all of theses qualities, and ontop of that they were funny and entertaining, making each and every class far from boring.

After watching John Green’s video, “An open letter to students returning to school” I realized that not only do teachers have important jobs, but we as students do as well. John Green mentions in his video that people go to school for the benefit of society, so that they can use their education to do great things that  could potentially change the world, and affect the lives of everyone. I agree with John Green that it is my duty to use my education to do great things, and i believe that it is important that everyone uses their education to make a difference. One academic goal that i have for myself this year is getting an average of  a B+ or higher in all of my classes.I can achieve this goal by doing all my homework on time, and managing my time better and not procrastinate when it comes to studying. One athletic goal that i have for myself this year is to compete again for the RMHS gymnastics team, and beat my highest bar score from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment